After fifteen months since President Macri took power, foreign investors have reasons to be bullish on Argentina’s growth prospects. Inflation seems to be receding, borrowing costs have begun to go down, trade and capital restrictions have been eliminated, and companies are slowly getting used to working with a more transparent and market-friendly government.
However, October’s legislative elections should be marked on multinational executives’ calendars. If President Macri’s Cambiemos coalition manages to win additional congressional seats the government will be in a position to continue implementing pro-investment policies and pass some much-needed structural reforms in the coming years. However, an electoral setback could result in a return to interventionist policymaking in Argentina, followed by deteriorating business environment.
Our Buenos Aires Executive Workshop will explore current opportunities and remaining risks that multinationals should take into account as they plan and execute their Argentina strategy over the next couple of years, with a focus on priority actions during Argentina’s complex transition to a new economic model.
Please note that our Workshop will run from 8:30 AM until 1:00 PM. This will provide adequate time to thoroughly cover our agenda, while giving you the opportunity to have a deeper engagement with your fellow executives.
Save the Date – Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- 8:30 am – 8:45 am Welcome Remarks and Introduction
- 8:45 am – 9:30 am LatAm Regional Outlook for 2017-2018
- 9:30 am – 10:45 am Argentina Outlook: Implications of New Market Dynamics
- 10:45 am – 11:00 am Coffee Break
- 11:00 am – 11:45 am Priority Actions for Multinationals in Argentina
- 11:45 pm – 12:15 pm Closing Remarks
- 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm Networking with Peers: Hors D’oeuvres and Wine*
For questions, contact Sebastian Silva, at +1 202-741-1311 or email@example.com
Fill out the form on the right to reserve your spot.