No single advisory firm can do everything. We don’t pretend to. We specialize in five high-impact custom practice areas that leverage our proven methodologies, proprietary content, and FrontierView platform.
Prioritize and assess geographic and customer markets.
Optimize partner performance and effectively manage transitions.
Model future demand, event scenarios, and market volatility.
Size geographic markets, industries and optimize go-to-market strategy.
Prepare for event scenarios, and disruptive market volatility.
Our Market Prioritization practice offers clients complete engagement solutions to prioritize investment and resource allocation decisions across geographies and customers. The key challenges we address through our solutions are:
- Should we expand into new countries or reinvest in our existing markets?
- How do we prioritize opportunity on the subnational level, i.e. in states and provinces?
- How can we adjust the resourcing plan to maximize our reach?
- What is the best organizational design to structure our business for success?
Geographic Market Prioritization
Geographic Market Prioritization utilizes data-driven framework to determine which global, regional or sub-national markets represent the greatest opportunity. This process is supported by our proprietary FrontierData database, qualitative market expertise, and execution guidance
Customer Segment Prioritization
Customer Segment Prioritization focuses on identification of the specific customer segments, across geographies, that offer the best opportunity. FSG uses a quantitative framework to rank and prioritize opportunities to inform resource allocation decisions
FSG’s Market Prioritization Practice leverages proven methodologies and frameworks to develop tailored solutions for companies. Through a combination of quantitative analysis, diagnostics and analytical tools, we help companies:
- Focus expansion and reinvestment initiatives on the right markets
- Determine the optimal allocation of scarce resources across geographies
- Uncover untapped market potential to capture opportunities for growth
Our Channel Management practice engages FSG’s clients to find solutions to improve the performance of existing partners, to find new partners, and to transition to new channel models. The key challenges we address through our solutions are:
- How can we improve and measure the capabilities of distribution partners?
- How do we transition from and identify new partners?
- How can we get our distributors to prioritize growing my business?
- Which local partners can drive the best results for my business?
Leading companies engage FSG to develop sophisticated management processes that get the most out of existing partners. FSG assesses partner capabilities, develops plans for improvement, and monitors progress with customized scorecards
FSG identifies, scores and ranks partners for companies across global markets. Using a quantitative framework, FSG will narrow down a partner search into a short-list of candidates with detailed profiles that dive into company information, reach, capabilities and references
Leading companies plan ahead of channel transitions. FSG supports clients in identifying optimal paths and models, and making recommendations on transition timelines and approach
FSG’s Channel Management practice leverages proven methodologies, primary case interviews, benchmarking data, and our proprietary channel toolkit. Solutions range from facilitated workshops to end-to-end consulting engagements, all designed to help companies:
- Quantify your opportunity to gain corporate support for expansion initiatives
- Align processes, metrics, and training to drive sustainable growth across your partners
- Avoid nasty surprises tied to unexpected transitions by anticipating channel needs
Our Demand Planning practice engages companies to anticipate changes in customer demand so they can set more accurate sales and production targets. FSG uses a proprietary predicative analytics methodology to identify causal leading indicators and predict future business performance across global markets. The key challenges we address through our solutions are:
- How can we set more accurate sales targets?
- How much should we produce?
- How can we avoid costly inventory overhangs?
- What are the leading indicators of our business?
FSG utilizes our proprietary analytical models to anticipate future sales performance across markets. Companies use FSG’s predictive analytics to set and reset targets for their sales force, to build strategic plans, and to anticipate unforeseen changes in demand
FSG’s Demand Planning practice leverages cutting edge econometric modeling techniques and proven methodologies to help companies:
- Understand the leading indicators of their business
- Improve forecasting of sales and production targets
- Optimize inventory and supply chain management
Market Opportunity Assessment
Our Market Opportunity Assessment practice engages FSG’s clients to measure the addressable opportunity for specific products and categories, to gain deeper insight into the competitive and regulatory landscape, and to inform go-to-market decisions. The key challenges we address through our solutions are:
- What is the market’s size and how much of it is addressable?
- What are the largest, highest growth, or most profitable pockets of opportunity?
- What is the role of importers, distributors, and other channel partners in my industry?
- Which regulatory hurdles have potential to be the most problematic?
- How can our products stand out from competitors?
Our Market Sizing approach pairs top-down analysis of data and market trends with bottom-up customer interviews to calculate an overall market size figure and estimate clients’ addressable opportunity. This analysis informs our clients’ growth forecasts and segmentation of demand across leading customer verticals
Industry Landscape & Value Chain Mapping
The Industry Landscape & Value Chain mapping consists of a multidimensional approach to industry mapping identifies pockets of opportunity across each step of the value chain by analyzing channel structure, pricing dynamics, leading local players, and competitor positioning
Operating Environment Analysis
The Operating Environment Analysis methodology provides clients a framework to analyze the regulatory and policy-making landscape for a specific industry or product ahead of expanding or launching a product in a specific market. Clients also leverage this approach to inform capital investment decisions, through analysis of export/import policies, government incentives, and labor environment
FSG’s Market Opportunity Assessment practice leverages proven methodologies based on a rigorous quantitative analysis to help companies:
- Understand which countries represent the greatest opportunity
- Determine which customer segments are most lucrative
- Evaluate short-, medium- and long-term trajectory of target investment destinations
Our Risk Management practice helps clients more effectively anticipate and plan for risks before they occur. Companies engage FSG to identify potentially disruptive risks, and to develop plans to mitigate those risks and turn them into opportunities. The key challenges we address through our solutions are:
- Does our business have a plan to manage through the large, unforeseen risks that occur frequently in global markets?
- Can we turn risks into opportunities ahead of our competition?
- Are we tracking potentially disruptive events that could derail our plans?
Companies rely on PEST analyses at the beginning of the strategic planning process to anticipate disruptive external events. PEST focuses on the political, economic, social and technological issues that are often not incorporated into the annual strategic planning process, yet often disrupt even the most thorough plans
Leading companies engage FSG to design contingency plans for potentially disruptive events. Contingency plans are developed with sequenced actions, owners, resources required, and corresponding communication plans. Companies use contingency plans as an addendum to their strategic plan
FSG’s Scenario Planning approach works backward from a “fail point” to identify what could have gone wrong before it’s too late. Critical actions are sourced and assigned owners to ensure that strategic plans remain on track.
FSG’s Risk Management practice leverages econometric, and statistical analysis to help companies:
- Mitigate risk associated with disruptive geopolitical events
- Capture new opportunities as the business environment shifts
- Improve sales performance through enhanced forecasting
Have a custom project in mind?
FSG’s custom team is ready to answer your questions. To facilitate a conversation with a team member, click the button below.